Here are a handful of things you can easily do to get a jump on the spring season:
- 1) Take advantage of winterized facilities like Big Bend even if it’s just once a week to keep your body used to the swing motion. (I know my other facility, Family Golf in Kirkwood stays open as well, but they shut out the lights at 6:00).
- 2) Get on a golf fitness program like the one I run with Jeff Pelizarro at Elevated Performance in Des Peres.
- 3) Hit on a simulator. Senior Pique’s in Ballwin has a really nice one in the back. The owner Angel Jiminez is a golf nut!
- 4) Take by-weekly or monthly lessons to keep your swing honed. I will be teaching both inside and outside this winter.
- 5) Get active on MyGolfInstructor.com. There are over 30 indoor drills for working on your game indoors. There are also hundreds of articls, tips and videos to keep yourself in improvement mode during the off season. Reading the tip of the day and watching a video or two daily will make a big difference in your understanding of things by spring.
If you have personal questions on what would be best for your game please feel free to contact me.